A compact SS-one Imaging Controller will be available shortly.
Screen size is almost same as my obsolete iPhone 3, which is still active as the internet radio receiver. Controller’s box size is 65mm x 95mm, and just 100g!! It’s very small and lightweight. Large font with touch-screen makes the operation quite easy.
- Auto-guiding and imaging control including dithering. It handles up to 2 DSLR or mirrorless cameras.
- “Polar” allows for the electric polar alignment. It requires a specific electric polar finder, which will be available from Hutech. This function should be very useful for the portable mount without an optical polar scope or for increasing the accuracy of polar alignment. Polar finder built-in EQ set will be available too.
- “Focus” mode achieves more accurate focusing of imaging camera than camera’s rear screen.
- At this moment, it is designed to be only used with ZWO cameras as auto-guider.
- So in short, auto-guider is ZWO and imaging camera is DSLR or mirrorless camera.
- 5V USB power.
This is developed and produced by “SS-one” in Japan. Hutech will be distributing their products worldwide. No PC required with ZWO as auto-guider any more.
SS-one has their original GO-TO portable mount as well. I will write up more later on. First, I focus on starting up this palmtop controller ASAP.
ZWO mounting bracket is also available too. As shown, this bracket eliminates a mounting ring for c-mount lens. It’s well convenient.